The object of the competition was to build something strictly out-of-the box.
Naturally, with a title like this, there were a few catches, er, conditions:
- All participants to donate one kit each.
- Each donated kit to be both cheap, and nasty. Good or remotely decent kits not permitted.
- Donated kits to be wrapped securely.
- Each participant to draw one kit from a box, blind.
- Each completed kit to be judged according to AMMS’ normal OOB judging criteria.
- Anyone not completing, or caught trying to enhance, correct or otherwise succumbing to AMS (you know who you are) to be subject to perpetual humiliation (again, you know you you are!!).
Some of the results, shown here, were quite surprising, showing that you don’t always need a state of the art kit of get a good result.