I trust that everyone was happy with their stash of kits from the December Meeting Monster Raffle and the spiteful Santa organised by Al. Bowie. I hope that you can find the time now to build them over the coming months and we see them on rhe Comp table.
AMMS Members had another great year at interstate and local comps including Sydney Scale Model Show, Illawarra, Canberra, Brisbane and Melbourne shows. It really demonstrates the individual strengths of our memebers within AMMS. We finished the year with the Andy Reid Memorial Trophy a joint Sherman build competition with AMMS Brisbane. Andy was a long term member of Brisbane AMMS. David McKinley’s Sherman build won the day in a secret ballat style selection of the competing shermans.
I hope that everyone has a Happy and Safe Christmas and New Year and we see you again on the second Friday of January 2017 for you to show what Santa bought for you.
From the “Committee” and myself all the best for the New Year ahead. Regards David McKinley – President..
Peter was again awarded the AMMS Sydney Modeller Of The Year – 2016 Lyndsey Sparkes Memorial Award., for second year in a row. So will it be a hatrick in 2017?
Congratulations to Peter.
Recent entries in scratch build in Queensland Scale Model Show by Greg Neal. Both are WW1 1:35th scale and are multi award winning builds. AMMS Sydney.
Hi all i have updated the calander for the Illawarra show dates and amended the meeting dates until Nov 2016. If you know of other event dates let me know so I can add these too.
Bring along your Work In Progress models, dio, viignette, figures or your latest reference find for discussion.
Dont forget that every meeting is a competition night so get those completed models in for judging for medallions, End of Year Best of Class and Modeller of the Year.
An Exercise in Persistence
The object of the competition was to build something strictly out-of-the box.
Naturally, with a title like this, there were a few catches, er, conditions:
- All participants to donate one kit each.
- Each donated kit to be both cheap, and nasty. Good or remotely decent kits not permitted.
- Donated kits to be wrapped securely.
- Each participant to draw one kit from a box, blind.
- Each completed kit to be judged according to AMMS’ normal OOB judging criteria.
- Anyone not completing, or caught trying to enhance, correct or otherwise succumbing to AMS (you know who you are) to be subject to perpetual humiliation (again, you know you you are!!). Continue reading